Hipcycle's Awesome Indoor Outdoor Reversible Rugs
There's a lot to love about these rugs. They are made of premium quality recycled polypropylene, tightly woven to offer strength, softness and beauty. Technically they are not upcycled, but we loved these products so much that we just had to make them available on Hipcycle.
Polypropylene is better known as the "#5 Plastic" that you see used to make things such as yogurt cups and some drink bottles. For years, it was not as easy to recycle as #1 and #2 plastic, but fortunately more and more communities are accepting this kind of plastic in their recycling programs. Even though it can be more easily recycled in the traditional sense, we think you'll agree that this is a much more beautiful way to divert polypropylene from the landfill.
Some cool features of these rugs:
- Moisture does not affect these rugs, and they are mildew resistant.
- They can be easily cleaned with a garden hose and soap.
- They are well suited for outdoor or indoor use.
- They are light weight and easy to take along for picnics and camping trips.
- They are reversible, adding instant options for your decor.
- Colors are UV stabilized to prevent fading from exposure to the sun.
Also, each rug comes in an earth-friendly jute bag. How awesome is that?*
*(Not included with 2.5x8 and 3x5 rugs, but they're still awesome!)
What size should I buy? Check out Jane, who is 5 feet tall, and see how she measures up against our various sizes: